POWER AND PROPULSION CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DULLES TRANSPO '72 PERSONAL RAPID TRANSIT VEHICLES
The Power and Propulsion Characteristics of the four different PRT vehicles demonstrated at Transpo '72 are determined by using analytical descriptions, manufacturers' data, and the test data from the Post-Transpo '72 Test Program. A comparative analysis of the four systems is presented. The performance features necessary to adequately describe each vehicle's power and propulsion characteristics are also discussed.
- Work sponsored by UMTA, DOT.
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Raposa, F L
- Phillips Jr, W E
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 116 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Intelligent transportation systems; Performance; Personal rapid transit; Propulsion; Test vehicles; Vehicle characteristics; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Comparative analysis; Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00144065
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0031-752 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: MA-06-0031
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1982 12:00AM