DEVELOPMENT AND TEST OF AN EDDY-CURRENT CLUTCH-PROPULSION SYSTEM
This report covers the Phase 1 effort which is to develop and to test an/AC-propulsion system for personal rapid- transit vehicles. This propulsion system incorporates an AC-induction motor in conjunction with an eddy-current clutch and brake. Also included are development of the propulsion system, fabrication of the propulsion system, description of the laboratory test program, and analysis of the test results.
- Work sponsored by UMTA, DOT.
Mobility Systems and Equipment Company6151 West Century Boulevard, Suite 912
Los Angeles, CA United States 90045
- Adams, G J
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 202 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternating current motors; Eddy currents; Intelligent transportation systems; Personal rapid transit; Propulsion; Traction drives; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Propulsion systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00144064
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06-0027-731 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-357-1
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 16 1982 12:00AM