URBAN TRANSPORTATION PLANNING IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. A LIST OF SELECTED REFERENCES
This bibliography presents research citations in 3 major areas: transportation and development, urban transportation planning, and transportation information. The research references given here relate to work dealing with transport at national and regional scales, sometimes in relation to metropolitan planning and urbanization in a global sense. Urban and metropolitan transport studies are categorized under topical headings: transport problem perception; planning process; travel characteristics, analysis, model building; transport technologies (vehicles, energy, infrastructures); traffic engineering and management; transport economics; impact-social and environmental; evaluation-decision making process; transport institutions - national and international financing; and selected major urban transportation planning studies. References are also given which relate to periodical, bibliographic and statistical information sources.
University of California, BerkeleyInstitute of Transportation Studies Library
Berkeley, CA United States 94720
- Gakenheimer, R A
- Bovy, P H
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Decision making; Developing countries; Economics; Highway traffic control; Information management; Information organization; Metropolitan areas; Regional transportation; Research; Transportation; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation research
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00144053
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Lib. Ref. 41 Biblio.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 22 1981 12:00AM