MULTIDISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. VOLUME 7, NUMBER 3
The report contains case summaries of recent in-depth reports submitted by the Multidisciplinary Accident Investigation Teams in a continuing series of publications. Accidents are studied involving vehicles of the last three model years of fatal, injury producing, or property damage severity. The Teams investigate each accident in-depth concerning themselves with each element of the collision (human, vehicle, environment) as it interacts with each phase of the collision (pre-crash, crash, post-crash). The summaries consist of identification information, basic information on the highway and vehicles involved, a description of the driver and occupants with their injuries, a phase-by-phase description of the sequence of events of the collision, and a list of the causal factors, conclusions and recommendations. A diagram of each collision is included. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- See also PB-251 840.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 256 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Automobiles by type; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Design standards; Fatalities; Highways; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Research; Safety engineering; Samplers; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Vehicle occupancy
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents; Vehicle make
- Old TRIS Terms: Drive samplers
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00144017
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801-924
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM