SLED TESTS OF THREE-POINT SYSTEMS INCLUDING AIR BELT RESTRAINTS
The experimental test program included six sled tests using five unembalmed cadavers and one anthropomorphic test dummy to evaluate a standard three point belt system and an air belt which inflates during impact. The tests were conducted on the Calspan HYGE sled facility simulating 30 mph frontal collisions for the three-point belts and 47 mph frontal collisions for the air belt systems.
- See also PB-258 313.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
Washington, DC United States 20590
- WALSH, M J
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 164 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Anthropometry; Automobiles; Cadavers; Crash injury research; Crashes; Dummies; Frontal crashes; Impact tests; Manual safety belts; Research; Rocket sleds; Simulation
- Old TRIS Terms: Rocket propelled sleds; Sleds
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00144006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-ZP-5852-V-1 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-939
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01017
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM