YOUTH ALCOHOL SAFETY EDUCATION CURRICULUM FOR THE SECONDARY SCHOOL
The objective of the project described in this report was to develop an alcohol safety instructional program for use at the secondary school level. An instructional program that emphasized youths' responsible use of alcohol and problems from drinking and driving resulted from the project. The program consisted of a Student Manual and Teacher Guide. The instructional program was designed to counter youth information deficiencies about drinking, and drinking and driving. The ultimate objective set forth for the instructional program was to reduce alcohol-related crashes among young drivers. The program was developed as a self-contained package to reduce non-instructional task requirements imposed on students and teachers.
National Public Services Research InstituteAlexandria, VA United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- McPherson, K
- Ashburn, S
- Knipper, A
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 130 p.
- TRT Terms: Adolescents; Alcoholism; Alcohols; Crashes; Driver training; Drivers; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Education; Highway safety; Programming (Planning); Schools; Specialized training; Students; Teenage drivers; Traffic safety
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00144005
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-802-029 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01195
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM