NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 12.1. CORRIDOR STATIONS REQUIREMENTS
The Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 authorizes the establishment of regularly scheduled and dependable intercity rail passenger service between Boston, Mass. and Washington, DC, including appropriate intermediate stops. As a basis for the development of the Federal Railroad Administration design and construction program to significantly improve intercity rail passenger service facilities at selected stations along the Northeast Corridor, this report provides the background material and methodology used in the development of the requirements for the design of the Stations. It documents the review of earlier work, the development of performance standards, the evaluation of existing conditions, the development of concept plans, and the evaluation process for selection of recommended plans. Finally it outlines the format for subsequent development of schematic plans and breakdown of work units into work elements.
- See also PB-244 873.
Weese (Harry) and Associates Limited600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 470 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Intercity travel; Operations; Passenger service; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad stations; Railroads; Specifications; Structural design
- Identifier Terms: Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger station design
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143999
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/NECPO-76/12.1 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56014
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM