RAILROAD SAFETY RESEARCH
This Special Bibliography prepared from the magnetic-tape files of the Railroad Research Information Service, contains selections which were accessioned between 1973 and 1976. Although the literature in a few cases dates back three decades, all listings are considered pertinent to contemporary railroad safety problems. The volume is divided into three main categories: Improved track structures research; Rail vehicle safety research; and Improved inspection, detection and testing research. There are 4,368 listings, involving 3,131 abstracts of research reports and journal articles, and descriptions of computer programs with some individual citations. The categories are based on the functional responsibilities of the groups comprising the staff of the FRA Office of Rail Safety Research.
- Record URL:
- Prepared for Annual Railroad Engineering Conference (13th) Held at Pueblo, Colorado in October 1976. See also report dated, Oct 75.
Washington, DC United States 20418
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-12
- Pagination: 686 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Bibliographies; Computer programming; Control devices; Detection and identification; Detectors; Dynamics; Hazardous materials; Human factors; Human factors engineering; Improvements; Inspection; Intersections; Life cycle analysis; Locomotives; Performance evaluations; Prevention; Problem solving; Railroad cars; Railroad grade crossings; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Rolling stock; Safety; Safety engineering; Tests; Train track dynamics; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Locomotive design; Track inspection; Track structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00143989
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-76-280,, Bibliography
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-40023
- Files: TRIS, TRB, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM