NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. TASK 12.2. CORRIDOR STATIONS PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The Railroad Revitalization and Regulatory Reform Act of 1976 authorizes the Secretary of Transportation to implement the Northeast Corridor Improvement Program to achieve, within 5 years after date of enactment of the Act, establishment of regularly scheduled and dependable intercity rail passenger service between Boston, Mass. and Washington, DC, including appropriate intermediate stops. The Federal Railroad Administration has authorized a number of preliminary programming, planning and engineering tasks to provide the basis for development of final plans for the design and construction work. Performance Standards were developed to serve as the primary source of requirements to be satisfied in the design of the individual stations. The Performance Standards represent a set of generalized planning and design criteria for major functional and operational components of stations and sites documented in terms of quantities, sizes, levels of service and performance characteristics related to 1990 patronage projections. These Performance Standards are to become part of a Work Package for each station that will also include a Station Program, Schematic Design Drawings, Outline Specifications, a Cost Estimate, and an Implementation Schedule.
- See also PB-244 873.
Weese (Harry) and Associates Limited600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 406 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost estimating; Design; Estimates; Forecasting; Intercity travel; Level of service; Passenger service; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad stations; Railroads; Scheduling; Specifications; Structural design; Systems engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Services
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger station design
- Subject Areas: Design; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143984
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/NECPO-76/12.2 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-56014
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM