SURVEY OF SUSPENSION SYSTEMS ON TRAVEL TRAILERS. VOLUME 13
Loading patterns, load capacities and consumer knowledge in these areas were determined for 2,400 vehicles consisting of automobiles towing travel trailers, travel trailers, motor homes, and pick-up trucks carrying slide-in campers. This data was compared to results from a previous survey in an effort to determine what improvements were made due to industry and government action. Vehicles were weighed as loaded for traveling and the suspension rating data was obtained from the vehicle manufacturers. This report deals with the travel trailers. Separate reports are available which cover motor homes, cars towing trailers, and pick-up trucks carrying slide-in campers.
- See also PB-230 721.
Pioneer Engineering and Manufacturing Company2500 East Nine Mile Road
Warren, MI USA 48091
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Ludtke, N
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 344 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Axles; Consumer protection; Consumers; Loading and unloading; Loads; Springs (Vehicles); Suspension systems; Suspensions; Tires; Trailers; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Loading
- Old TRIS Terms: Loading procedures
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143974
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: S4-55A Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-961
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00978
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM