DESIGN OF NASS: SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION FOR PLANNING THE NATIONAL ACCIDENT SAMPLING SYSTEM
The report is an addenda to the design of a National Accident Sampling System (NASS), prepared for the Office of Statistics and Analysis of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Revisions to the NASS design have been made with regard to both the primary sampling units and the sample allocation. The first of these is done to provide OSA with greater flexibility in decision making with regard to NASS implementation by providing a larger number of options as to the basic PSU size to be used in the system. The second task provides a restructuring of the cost estimates for various PSU configurations together with the effect of the structures on the accuracy of estimation of national rates and trends forming the major product of the Continuous Sampling Subsystem of NASS. This document, taken together with the original design report dated July, 1975, should provide OSA with a significantly broader base in its deliberations for implementing a specific NASS design. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- Supplement to report nos. UM-HSRI-SA-75-14-1, PB-254 038, and UM-HSRI-SA-75-14-2, PB-255 954.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48109
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Kaplan, R
- Wolfe, A
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 117 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Collisions; Cost effectiveness; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Data collection; Injuries; Loss and damage; Operating costs; Research; Sampling; States; Statistical analysis; Statistical sampling; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data sampling; Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143972
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-76-15 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-989
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-6-5368,, DOT-HS-6-5369
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM