SELECTIVE TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM-STEP-BAC STUDY IN FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA
A three month experiment was conducted in Fort Lauderdale in which a Blood Alcohol Content sample was taken on those drivers who received a citation for a traffic violation. The data were analyzed and studied for relationships between BAC amount and types of citation issued, taking into account the timing, day of week and demographic indicators.
Fort Lauderdale City Police DepartmentFort Lauderdale, FL United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Taubenslag, W N
- Taubenslag, M J
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 118 p.
- TRT Terms: Alcoholic beverages; Blood alcohol levels; Blood analysis; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Data analysis; Law enforcement; Mathematical analysis; Research; Statistical analysis; Traffic citations; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety; Traffic violators
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Geographic Terms: Florida
- Old TRIS Terms: Blood chemical analysis
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00143970
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801-956 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-224-2-384
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM