A PRELIMINARY DESIGN STUDY OF A TRACKED AIR CUSHION RESEARCH VEHICLE. VOLUME II. GUIDEWAY STUDY REPORT
This report describes the development of preliminary design tradeoff studies for a single vehicle aerial guideway to accommodate a vehicle traveling on air cushions at speeds up to 300 miles per hour. Three guideway structure types were studied: (1) the Inverted Tee, (2) the Double L (or Channel), and (3) the Box (or Inverted Channel). Each of these structural types was analyzed for the purpose of determining the most economical construction material, the optimum span length, the tolerance requirements, construction methods and maintenance procedures. (Author)
- Prepared in cooperation with Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Quade and Douglas, Inc., New York. See also Volume 1, PB-183 319.
Aeroglide Systems, IncorporatedNew York, NY United States
- Publication Date: 1968-12
- Pagination: 112 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Guideways; Intelligent transportation systems; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00039134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: DT-7-35337
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM