TECHNICAL PROGRESS IN THE U.S. DEVELOPMENT OF A MICROWAVE LANDING SYSTEM
The document reports the technical progress that has been made from July 1971 to July 1974 in the U.S. development of a Microwave Landing System. This MLS development is a joint DOT/DOD/NASA effort based upon the National Plan for Development of the Microwave Landing System, dated July 1971. Phase I Technique Analysis and Contract Definition has been completed. Phase II, Feasibility Demonstration is nearing completion. The next step is an evaluation and the selection of an MLS technique and optimum signal format to allow the start of Phase III, Prototype Development.
- Sponsored in part by Department of Defense, Washington, D.C. and National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, D.C. See also report dated Jul 71, AD-733 268.
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 223 p.
- TRT Terms: Evaluation; Feasibility analysis; Microwave landing systems; Systems analysis; Systems engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Selection
- Old TRIS Terms: Signal format
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00143959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-74-187 Prog Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 15 1977 12:00AM