DYNALIST II. A COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR STABILITY AND DYNAMIC RESPONSE ANALYSIS OF RAIL VEHICLE SYSTEMS. VOLUME III. TECHNICAL REPORT ADDENDUM
Several new capabilities have been added to the DYNALIST II computer program. These include: (1) a component matrix generator that operates as a 3-D finite element modeling program where elements consist of rigid bodies, flexural bodies, wheelsets, suspension elements and point masses assembled on a nodal skeleton; (2) a periodic and transient time-history response capability; (3) a component update capability for parametric studies; (4) an orthogonality check on component and system complex eigenvectors; (5) an option for improving low-frequency convergence under modal truncation; (6) a more general sine-amplitude forcing function capability; (7) automatic phase lag generation; (8) user-controlled scaling options on all response plots; and a number of additional minor improvements. A Technical Report Addendum and a completely revised User's Manual document these changes to the previous version of DYNALIST II.
- Record URL:
- See also PB-256 046 and PB-258 194.
Wiggins (JH) Company1650 South Pacific Coast Highway
Redondo Beach, CA United States 90277
Washington, DC United States 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Bronowicki, A
- Hasselman, T K
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computer programming; Computer programs; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Dynamics; Eigenvectors; Flexibility; Manuals; Mathematical models; Matrices (Mathematics); Rail (Railroads); Railroad cars; Recommendations; Ride quality; Stability (Mechanics); Stiffness; Suspension systems; Train track dynamics; Transient analyzers; Vehicle design; Wheels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Dynamic response; Models; Transient response
- Old TRIS Terms: Analytical techniques; Car design; Dynalist; Periodic variations; Phase
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143947
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-FRA-74-14-3 Final Rpt., FRA/OR&D-75-22.III
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-990
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM