EXPERIMENTS IN GUIDEWAY - LEVITATION VEHICLE INTERACTION DYNAMICS
This investigation involves the design and interpretation of laboratory-scale dynamic experiments of vehicles traversing multiple-span or cable-stayed guideways. The nondimensional responses of such systems, including critical span bending moments and vehicle heave accelerations, depend on the system parameters derived in Chapter 2. A point load 'vehicle' and two vehicles closely resembling advanced operational prototypes were designed and tested: the 150 mph Prototype Tracked Air Cushion Vehicle (PTACV), and the 300 mph Tracked Levitated Research Vehicle (TLRV). In Chapter 3, general experiments are designed, all based on these dimensionless system parameters and the capability of instrumentation and data processing minicomputers to measure and interpret response data. The remaining chapters include discussions and comparisons of response data for critical six and three-span guideway moments and for rms vehicle heave accelerations.
Duke UniversityDepartment of Civil Engineering
Durham, NC United States 27706
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Wilson, J F
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Cables; Computer programs; Cost effectiveness; Dynamic loads; Dynamic tests; Dynamics; Elevated guideways; Guideways; Induction motors; Intelligent transportation systems; Magnetic levitation vehicles; Mathematical models; Rapid transit; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Dynamic response; Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Cable suspension guideways; Guideway dynamics; Mechanical guides; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143945
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/OR&D-76/259 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-4-4098
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1982 12:00AM