A STUDY AND ANALYSIS OF ACCIDENT DATA IN SUPPORT OF THE STANDARDS COMPLIANCE PROGRAM
Accident data and its usage in the standards compliance and vehicle selection programs are studied. Recommendations are made for upgrading the collection procedures; for providing a viable data base; and for promoting uniformity among investigatory units. Specific standards are addressed giving file characteristics, frequency distributions and suggested new potential variables.
Amex Systems, IncorporatedHawthorne, CA United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Standig, J L
- Kaplan, D
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 50 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Data analysis; Databases; Frequency distributions; Highway safety; Information processing; Mathematical analysis; Motor vehicles; Regulations; Research; Safety engineering; Specifications; Standards; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143942
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-801-959 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01145
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM