TRI-LEVEL STUDY OF THE CAUSES OF TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS: INTERIM REPORT II
This is Volume I of a two-volume report, providing an update on causal factor tabulations and trends. Both Phase IV and cumulative Phase II, III, and IV causal tabulations are provided. This Volume also examines trends in the causal results across Phase II, III, and IV; compares on-site and in-depth causal results; and assesses the representativeness of both the study area and the subset of accidents which were investigated. Also provided are a methodology overview, conclusions, and recommendations. Detailed causal result data tables, both cumulative and for Phase IV, are provided in Appendices A and B. Volume II provides the results of an analysis of the potential accident avoidance and severity reduction payoff of radar and anti-lock brake systems, based on an evaluation of 215 Level C (in-depth) case reports.
- See also Volume 1, PB-239 828 and Volume 2, PB-240 547.
Indiana University, BloomingtonInstitute for Research in Public Safety
Bloomington, IN USA 47401
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 294 p.
- TRT Terms: Antilock brake systems; Antilock brake systems; Braking; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crash severity; Data processing; Radar; Research; Safety equipment; Traffic crashes; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143941
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-HS-034-3-535-74-TAC, DOT-HS-801-968
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-034-3-535
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM