MULTI-DISCIPLINARY ACCIDENT INVESTIGATIONS - SPECIAL STUDY OF ACTIVE AND PASSIVE RESTRAINT SYSTEMS IN 1973-1976 MODEL YEAR VEHICLES. VOLUME 2. IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATIONS OF ACRS, CONTROL GROUP, AND SCHOOLBUS ACCIDENTS
Volume 2 contains summaries of the air cushion restraint system, Control Group and Schoolbus accident investigations that were conducted from January 29, 1974 to December 31, 1975 in the study area. These investigations were secondary to those of the Restraint Systems Effectiveness Program (Vols. 1 and 3). The original goals were to: (1) Estimate the injury reducing effects of the passive system. (2) Determine the operational characteristics of the passive system. (3) Evaluate public/owner acceptance of the passive system. (4) Collect in-depth data on restraint system utilization and performance from a control group of 1973-1976 model year vehicles equipped with active restraints. (5) Study selected schoolbus accidents in which one or more occupant fatalities occurred.
- Also available in set of 4 reports as PB-257 433-SET, PC$24.00 and MF$6.00.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX USA 78228-0510
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Cromack, J R
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 180 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Collisions; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Data collection; Fatalities; Human factors engineering; Injuries; Manual safety belts; Passive restraint systems; Research; Safety equipment; School buses; Seat belts; Traffic crashes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Air cushion
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143938
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SwRI-11-3075(2) Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-975
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-024-1-115
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 1 1977 12:00AM