TRACKED AIR CUSHION RESEARCH VEHICLE RESEARCH PROGRAM STUDY REPORT
The system test program discussed in this report is to provide engineering data, verified analytical tools, and design guidelines for an attractive, high-performance public demonstration TACV and guideway system. The report examines the general qualities required of a commercial TACV system; the translation of these qualities into technology requirements; and the assessment of the state-of-the-art in regard to these requirements. In each deficient area, several alternative ways of advancing the state-of-the-art are examined. This basic work culminates in a clearer definition of the specific role of the TACRV. This role is then translated into specific experiment areas and instrumentation requirements.
- See also PB-183 177, PB-183 179 and PB-183 180.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA United States 01910
- Publication Date: 1969-3-17
- Pagination: 83 p.
- TRT Terms: Intelligent transportation systems; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039130
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 69AT-1004
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-9-0004
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1972 12:00AM