V/STOL ROTARY PROPULSION SYSTEMS - NOISE PREDICTION AND REDUCTION. VOLUME III. COMPUTER PROGRAM USER'S MANUAL
A computer program is presented which allows a user to make performance and far-field acoustic noise predictions for free-air propellers, variable pitch fans with inlet guide vanes, variable pitch fans with outlet guide vanes, fixed pitch fans, helicopter rotors, tilt rotors, fixed pitch lift vanes with remote, integral, and tip-turbine drives, and variables pitch lift fans with remote and integral drives. Noise prediction methodology for drive engines, single stream and coaxial jets, and gearboxes are also included, as well as noise reduction and performance losses of partly sonic inlets and duct acoustic treatment. A description of the program, detailed instructions for its use, required inputs, and sample cases are presented. Related documents include Volume 1 - Identification of Sources, Noise Generating Mechanisms, Noise Reduction Mechanisms, and Prediction Methodology and Volume 2 - Graphical Prediction Methods. (Author)
- See also Volume 1, AD-A027 389.
United Technologies CorporationHamilton Standard Division
Windsor Locks, CT USA 06096
- Magliozzi, B
- Publication Date: 1976-5
- Pagination: 300 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Cavitation noise; Computer program documentation; Computer programs; Forecasting; Helicopters; Jet engines; Lift fans; Manuals; Needs assessment; Noise; Noise control; Propulsion; STOL aircraft; Training; VTOL aircraft
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft engines; Noise reduction; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Jet engine noise; Propulsion system components; Short takeoff aircraft
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Environment; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143849
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-76-49-V3 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA74WA-3477
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM