REALIZATION OF A VOTER/MONITOR FOR A DIGITAL FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM
A software Voter/Monitor (V/M) system is designed and implemented. The V/M is an informational processing device which is to be used in a digital flight control system (DFCS). A DFCS is currently being developed to replace existing analogue flight control systems in selective military aircrafts. The V/M receives data over four separate input channels, and it performs a processing routine which (a) allows it to continually select one of the input channel data for routing over its single output channel; and (b) allows it to maintain a history of each input channel data for routing over its single output channel; and (b) allows it to maintain a history of each input channel performance and declare as defective any input channel from which it consistently receives 'bad' data. The V/M is implemented using the National Semiconductor IMP-16L Microcomputer. The V/M processing scheme uses input-input comparison monitoring. Software coding and hardware circuitry are designed. Additionally, a software test program is constructed. The V/M system testing is limited. The correct performance of the V/M system is illustrated under a static testing environment.
- Master's thesis.
Air Force Institute of TechnologySchool of Engineering, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base
Dayton, OH United States 45433
- Bush, J E
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 148 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Computer programs; Data communications; Digital computers; Flight control systems; Flight simulators; Governments; Information processing; Input output devices; Microcomputers; Military aircraft; Monitoring; Public participation; Radio; Signal processing; Software; Static tests; Theses
- Uncontrolled Terms: Flight simulation; Monitors
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Imp 16l microcomputers; Software voter/monitor
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143840
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: GE/EE/76J-7 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM