TRAINING CHARACTERISTICS OF THE AUTOMATED ADAPTIVE GROUND CONTROLLED APPROACH RADAR CONTROLLER TRAINING SYSTEM (GCA-CTS)
An initial feasibility study outlined a training system for laboratory test and evaluation of an automated adaptive ground controlled approach controller training system for the precision approach radar. Evaluation of the initial system by GCA instructor led to a revision of the model and of the performance measurement system. This report concerns itself with that development process, with the current laboratory systems, and with implications for future training systems. The potential for team training by simulation of missing crew members is discussed. (Author)
Naval Training Equipment CenterOrlando, FL United States
- Breaux, R
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic controllers; Airport surface traffic control; Automation; Committees; Computer aided instruction; Human factors engineering; Navy personnel; Personnel; Radar operators; Speech recognition; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Adaptive training; Ground controlled approach radar; Naval personnel; Naval training; Teams personnel
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Education and Training; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00143835
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NAVTRAEQUIPC-TN-52 Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM