TUNNEL CONSTRUCTION. VOLUME 4. 1976 (CITATIONS FROM THE ENGINEERING INDEX DATA BASE)
Unique tunneling methods, cost studies, tunnel support innovations, tunneling machines, and soil and rock properties encountered are investigated in these reports gathered in a worldwide literature survey. Vehicular, water, sewage, and mine tunnels are reviewed. Finite element analysis is used extensively for investigation of soil and rock mechanics. (Contains 56 abstracts)
- See also NTIS/PS-76/0647.
Alexandria, VA USA 22312
- Habercom, GEJ
- Publication Date: 1976-8
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Analysis; Bibliographies; Costs; Excavation and tunneling; Finite element method; Physical properties; Properties of materials; Reviews; Rock mechanics; Rocks; Soil mechanics; Soils; Structural design; Tunnel lining; Tunnel supports; Tunneling; Tunneling machines; Tunnels; Underground structures
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Soil properties; Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Rock properties; Underground supporting
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00143805
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM