GRADE-CROSSING MOTORIST WARNING SYSTEM
The patent describes a railroad-highway grade-crossing warning system accomplished by control circuitry for synchronizing the flash rates of incandescent and xenon lamps so as to produce a continuously uniform signal pattern which can be rapidly identified and understood by a motorist.
- Supersedes PB-239 605. This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing. Copy of patent available Commissioner of Patents, Washington, D.C. 20231 $0.50.
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Hopkins, J B
- Publication Date: 1975-3-3
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: At grade intersections; Electric circuits; Flashing; Incandescent lamps; Intersections; Lamps; Logic circuits; Patents; Railroad grade crossings; Railroads; Traffic signal control systems; Warning systems; Xenon
- Uncontrolled Terms: Synchronization
- Old TRIS Terms: Control circuits; Synchronism
- Subject Areas: Highways; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143796
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-555 021 Patent
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM