BUSY PERIOD CONTROL OF QUEUES BASED ON WAITING TIMES AT ARRIVALS
System maintenance and vehicular traffic control problems have motivated the queue control systems studied here. This article presents results for optimal assignment of servers or rejection of customers, on the basis of arriving customers' waiting times, when the objective function is the mean of a control penalty plus a variable such as busy period duration, number served in a busy period, or total delay to all customers in a busy period.
- Also published in Operations Research, Vol. 24, No. 3, May-June 1976, pp 543-563.
Polytechnic Institute of New York333 Jay Street
Brooklyn, NY USA 11201
- Shaw, L
- Publication Date: 1974-11-21
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Control; Highway traffic; Maintenance; Optimization; Queuing; Queuing theory; Reprints; Time intervals; Traffic; Traffic control; Traffic delays; Vehicles; Waiting time
- Old TRIS Terms: Queueing theory; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143735
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM