STATE-OF-THE-ART REVIEW ON SHOTCRETE
This report contains the results of four studies pertaining to shotcrete technology. The first part of the report is an overview of American practices in shotcrete. The second part is a discussion of the development and practice of shotcrete technology in Europe, including a description of the New Austrian Tunneling Method (NATM). The third part describes the experiences of the U. S. Bureau of Reclamation in using shotcrete for tunnel linings and their design and construction concepts. The final part of the report is a discussion of instrumentation currently employed for obtaining the data used in design of shotcreted tunnels being constructed by the NATM. The NATM involves the use of the theoretical-observational approach to design. Each part of the report also gives recommendations as to needed research requirements and suggestions pertaining to possible extended uses of shotcrete in this country.
- Prepared in cooperation with Massachusetts Inst. of Tech., Cambridge Contract DACA39-75-M-0082, and Mathews (A. A.), Inc., Rockville, Md.
University of California, BerkeleyDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Berkeley, CA USA 94720-1710
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyAcoustics and Vibration Laboratory
Cambridge, MA USA
Mathews (AA) Incorporated11900 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD USA 20852
- Brekke, T L
- Einstein, H H
- MASON, R E
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 122 p.
- TRT Terms: Building materials; Grouting; Linings; Rock mechanics; Sealing compounds; Shotcrete; State of the art; State of the art studies; Structural design; Structural supports; Tunnel lining; Tunneling; Tunnels
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tunnel design
- Old TRIS Terms: Applicators; Supports
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00143732
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-CR-S-76-4 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DACA39-74-M-0371, DACA 39-75--M-0082
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM