ANTI TWO-BLOCKING DEVICE
The patent relates to a fail-safe cable cutter device which prevents the release or loss of an object lifted by a cable through a pulley in the event the object accidentally strikes the pulley and is lifted beyond its safe load condition; i.e., the object is 'two-blocked'.
- This Government-owned invention available for U.S. licensing and, possibly, for foreign licensing.
Department of the NavyWashington, DC United States
- Paige, M A
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Cables; Equipment; Fittings; Hoists; Oceanography; Patents; Safety equipment; Tension; Wire rope
- Old TRIS Terms: Cable cutting devices; Oceanographic equipment; Patents (Cable handling)
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143701
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PAT-APPL-552 896 Patent
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM