SOLVING THE JUNK VEHICLE PROBLEM. A GUIDE FOR PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
This guide for program development is designed to provide information to assist legislators and program administrators in the formulation of junk vehicle programs for their political jurisdictions. It provides a summary of the nature and scope of the problem; defines the need for public policy action; and describes the key elements of various types of junk vehicle programs, with assessments of the success of approaches which have been tried. A final section presents specifications of steps which may be taken at the state and local level to legislate and then to develop and implement effective and efficient junk vehicle programs, concluding with discussions of special considerations which can lead to cost-effective programs.
- Prepared by CONSAD Research Corp., Pittsburgh, Pa.
Ammann and Whitney96 Morton Street
New York, NY United States 10014
CONSAD Research Corporation121 North Highland Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15206
- Rueter, F H
- Bernstein, A D
- McCartney, D M
- Vira, C M
- Publication Date: 1975-7-31
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Aesthetics; Automobiles; Economic analysis; Federal government; Financing; Incentives; Land reclamation; Legislation; Local government; Management; Materials recovery (Mining); Measures of effectiveness; Motor vehicles; Planning; Policy; Pollution control; Public policy; Regulations; Scrap metal; Solid waste disposal; State government; Surveying; Surveying
- Uncontrolled Terms: Abatement; Effectiveness; Programs
- Old TRIS Terms: Abandoned cars; Government policies; Junk; Management planning; Materials recovery; Metal scrap; Reclamation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society;
- Accession Number: 00143667
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MVMA-CON-74-11 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 2003 12:00AM