PROCEEDINGS OF A SYMPOSIUM ON COMMERCIAL VEHICLE BRAKING AND HANDLING HELD ON MAY 5-7, 1975 AT ANN ARBOR, MICHIGAN
The symposium was to provide a review of the state of the art in commercial vehicle braking and handling. It was also designed to provide a forum in which members of various research organizations, industrial operations, and government agencies involved with the topic could communicate ideas and concerns over problems related to measuring and/or simulating the braking and directional response of commercial vehicles. The symposium had four technical sessions, entitled The Measurement of Commercial Vehicle Tire Properties, Brake and Antilock System Performance, Topics in Computer Simulation, and An Overview of Simulation and Testing. The symposium closed with a panel discussion on The Effects of Government Standards on Commercial Vehicle Braking and Handling.
- Sponsored in part by Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc., Detroit, Mich.
Highway Safety Research InstituteHuron Parkway and Baxter Road
Ann Arbor, MI United States 48109
Motor Vehicles Manufacturers Association320 New Center Building
Detroit, MI United States 48202
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 599 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Commercial transportation; Commercial vehicles; Conferences; Dynamic loads; Handling characteristics; Maneuverability; Meetings; Motor vehicles; Research management; Simulation; Standards; Tires; Traffic safety; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response; Handling
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143655
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UM-HSRI-PF-75-6
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM