A PROCEDURE FOR DETERMINING BICYCLE BRAKING PERFORMANCE
A procedure which could be used to determine bicycle braking performance for compliance with the Federal Bicycle Safety Regulation, Requirements for Bicycles, has been developed. The procedure includes tests for brake system integrity and stopping distance performance. Sample data collection sheets and calculations are given.
National Bureau of StandardsEngineering Mechanics Section
Washington, DC USA 20234
- Marlowe, D E
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Braking; Consumer protection; Performance tests; Product safety; Regulations; Safety; Safety engineering; Specifications; Stopping distances; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143645
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-75-953 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM