SULFUR CONCRETE FOR POLAR CONSTRUCTION
Experimental studies on sulfur concrete in the laboratory and at McMurdo Station, Antarctica are described. Sulfur concrete mixtures showed high tensile, flexural, and compressive strengths as well as high Young's Modulus in the laboratory.
- Distribution limitation now removed.
Naval Civil Engineering LaboratoryPoint Mugu
Port Hueneme, CA United States 93041
- Keeton, J R
- Publication Date: 1972-1
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Basalt; Building materials; Compressive strength; Concrete; Construction; Flexural strength; Freezing; Grain size (Geology); Granite; Gravel; Limestone; Mechanical properties; Melting; Mixtures; Modulus of elasticity; Permeability; Polar regions; Rocks; Sand; Shrinkage; Sulfur; Tensile properties; Tensile strength; Water
- Uncontrolled Terms: Compressive properties
- Geographic Terms: Antarctica
- Old TRIS Terms: Dienes; Polar
- Subject Areas: Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00143493
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NCEL-TN-1200 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM