AUTOMATED ULTRASONIC CRACK FOLLOWER FOR FATIGUE STUDIES
An ultrasonic system for monitoring the extension of fatigue cracks in heavy metal sections was developed which automatically records growth increments of 0.010 inch. A minor modification is discussed which allows resolution to be improved to 0.001 inch if required. (Author)
- Distribution limitation now removed.
Frankflrd ArsenalBridge And Tacony
Philadelphia, PA USA 19137
- Weimer, R J
- Carman, C M
- Publication Date: 1973-2
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Cracking; Defects; Detection and identification; Detectors; Fatigue (Mechanics); Life expectancy; Loads; Metals; Monitoring; Nondestructive tests; Probes (Measuring devices); Recording; Reliability; Texture; Ultrasonic radiation; Ultrasonic tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Data; Intensity; Monitors; Resolution
- Old TRIS Terms: Cyclic rate; Probes; Recording systems; Reflectoscopes
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Society;
- Accession Number: 00143429
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FA-M73-2-1 Summ Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM