COLLISION AVOIDANCE SYSTEMS (A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH ABSTRACTS)
Collision avoidance systems in three modes of transportation (i.e. air, surface, marine) are investigated in these Government-sponsored reports. Section 1 pertains to air transportation. Traffic scheduling, automatic ground based stations, and onboard warning systems are researched. (Contains 195 abstracts) Section 2 delineates sensors and detectors relative to marine transportation collision avoidance. (Contains 30 abstracts) Section 3 relates to engineering research relative to highway and rail collision avoidance. (Contains 24 abstracts) (This updated bibliography contains 248 abstracts, 50 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes NTIS/PS-75/671, and NTIS/PS-75/036.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Habercom Jr, G E
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 259 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Air transportation; Aviation safety; Bibliographies; Crash avoidance systems; Crashes; Detectors; Highway transportation; Marine safety; Prevention; Safety; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Sensors; Warning systems; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aircraft safety
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Highways; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00143373
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Report
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM