A PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR COLORADO'S REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION DISTRICT
The report describes the recommended public transportation plan for a seven-county regional transportation district. It is a report of three years of activity which led to the recommendation of the public transportation system RTD believes will best meet the needs of the District. Within this time period studies were conducted on the region's specific transportation needs. RTD identified the transportation services which would satisfy those needs most efficiently. The proposed transit system was further tailored to the region as services were applied. Next, RTD examined what would be involved in implementing the system. Finally, RTD studied methods of financing a transportation system for the District.
- Prepared by DRA/WMRT, Denver, Colo. Errata sheet inserted.
DRA/WMRTDenver, CO USA
- McMahan, J W
- Roberts, W H
- Eager, W R
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 79 p.
- TRT Terms: Benefit cost analysis; Bus lines; Counties; Environmental impacts; Finance; Financing; Forecasting; Level of service; Passenger transportation; Problem solving; Public transit; Rapid transit; Recommendations; Regional planning; Scheduling; Specifications; Systems engineering; Transportation; Transportation planning; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement; Service; Services
- Geographic Terms: Colorado
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General); Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143364
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Summ Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 2002 12:00AM