GROWTH EFFECTS OF MAJOR LAND USE PROJECTS: VOLUME III. SUMMARY
The report discusses a research program whose goal is to formulate a methodology to predict air pollutant emissions resulting from the construction and operation of two types of major land use projects, large residential projects and large concentrations of employment. Emissions are quantified from the major project, from land use induced by the major project, from secondary activity occurring off-site (i.e., generation of electricity by utilities), and from motor vehicle traffic associated with both the major project and its induced land uses. This volume provides a summary of the first two volumes, viz. the specification and causal analysis of the land use model and the development of the land use based emission factors. It also discusses the development of the predictive equations in the land use model and the development of the traffic model.
- See also Volume 2, PB-255 302.
Abcor, IncorporatedWalden Research Division, 341 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02139
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Air Quality Planning and Standards
Research Triangle Park, NC United States 27709
- Benesh, F H
- Guldberg, P
- D'Agostino, R
- Publication Date: 1976-9
- Pagination: 249 p.
- TRT Terms: Abstracts; Air pollution; Combustion; Commercial buildings; Computer programming; Dwellings; Economic models; Electric power; Electric power generation; Electric power supply; Energy consumption; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Heating (Structures); Highway traffic; Hospitals; Hotels; Land use; Mathematical prediction; Methodology; Motels; Motor vehicles; Office buildings; Pollutants; Project management; Research; Residential areas; Schools; Traffic; Urban areas
- Uncontrolled Terms: Projects; Religion
- Old TRIS Terms: Combustion products; Space heating; Summarizing; Vehicular traffic
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Education and Training; Energy; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Research; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143347
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: C-781-C Final Rpt., EPA/450/3-76/012c
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-02-2076
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM