AIR QUALITY CONSIDERATIONS IN TRANSPORTATION PLANNING: FINDINGS AND RECOMMENDATIONS ON TRANSPORTATION CONTROL PLANNING. PHASE II
Transportation control plans (TCPs) developed in response to the Clean Air Amendments of 1970 include many of the measures being proposed for increasing the efficiency of existing transportation systems and for energy conservation. The report focuses on ways in which TCP development can be merged with ongoing transportation activities and on the extent to which such integration is desirable. Recommended procedures for assessing the consistency between transportation proposals and air quality needs are presented. The report includes identification of opportunities for improving coordination among DOT and EPA programs. In addition, issues involved in parking management are explored, and recommendations are made on the development of amendments to the Clean Air Act.
- See also PB-244 138.
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyCenter for Transportation Studies, Room 1121
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
Environmental Protection Agency401 M Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20460
- BENNETT, E
- Harvey, C
- RAPPAPORT, A
- Bessey, M
- Publication Date: 1975-12-30
- Pagination: 223 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Alternatives analysis; Coordination; Energy; Federal government; Fuel consumption; Guidelines; Highway planning; Laws; Legislation; Mathematical models; Metropolitan areas; Monitoring; Organizations; Parking facilities; Penalties; Planning; Programming (Planning); Recommendations; Regional planning; State government; Systems engineering; Tracers (Chemistry); Traffic surveys; Transportation operations; Transportation planning
- Identifier Terms: Clean Air Act
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution abatement; Tracers
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Highways; Law; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143341
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CTS-75-21 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-2476
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 17 1977 12:00AM