STANDARD SPECIFICATIONS FOR DIESEL MERCHANT SHIP CONSTRUCTION
The report presents specifications designed to establish levels of quality as a benchmark for construction-differential subsidy; identify current requirements of regulatory bodies; reflect latest technological developments; indicate means of standardization to encourage mass production techniques; and, to introduce the use of SI (Syteme International d'Unites) metric system to the United States shipbuilding industry.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976
- Pagination: 395 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction; Design; Diesel engines; Hulls; Merchant vessels; Metric system; Propulsion; Ship structural components; Shipbuilding; Specifications; Subsidies
- Uncontrolled Terms: Merchant ships; Revisions; Ship design; Ship hulls
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel propulsion
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00143309
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-GEN-720-T76076 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 17 1976 12:00AM