A FEASIBILITY ANALYSIS FOR AUTO-ON-TRAIN SERVICE BETWEEN WASHINGTON, D.C. AND JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
The study examines the potential market for automobile-on-train passenger service between Washington, D. C. and Jacksonville, Florida. The methodology employed in gaining information is discussed in detail. Indications are that the number of those willing to pay $100 or more per one-way trip between Washington, D. C. and Jacksonville, Florida, is about 14 times the capacity of a 10-car (78 autos) train making 2 round trips each 3 days.
Center for Advanced Administrative Research, Inc.Boca Raton, FL USA
- Horton, G
- Publication Date: 1967
- Pagination: 96 p.
- TRT Terms: Auto on train; Intermodal transportation; Passenger service
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00039116
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 24 1973 12:00AM