SUCCESS BY DESIGN: PROGRESS THROUGH FAILURE ANALYSIS--PROCEEDINGS OF THE MEETING OF THE MECHANICAL FAILURES PREVENTION GROUP (21ST), HELD AT NATIONAL BUREAU OF STANDARDS, GAITHERSBURG, MARYLAND ON NOVEMBER 7-8, 1974
These proceedings consist of a group of twenty two submitted papers and discussions from the 21st meeting of the Mechanical Failures Prevention Group which was held at the National Bureau of Standards in Gaithersburg, Maryland on November 7-8, 1974. The central theme of the Proceedings was improvement in design through failure analysis. Emphasis was on design philosophy, the use of failure analysis case studies as an educational tool, successful redesign through failure analysis, and design oversights.
- Library of Congress Catalog Card No. 76-608132. See also PB-248 254. Sponsored in part by Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Va., Frankford Arsenal, Philadelphia, Pa., Naval Air Development Center, Warminster, Pa. and Federal Aviation Administration, Washington, D.C.
National Bureau of StandardsMetallurgy Division
Washington, DC United States
Office of Naval ResearchDepartment of the Navy, 800 North Quincy Street
Arlington, VA United States 22217
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC United States 20591
- Robert Shives, T
- Willard, W A
- Publication Date: 1976-7
- Pagination: 232 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Fabrication; Failure; Meetings; Metal cutting; Product development; Quality assurance; Reliability; Value engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00143260
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS-SP-433
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 3 2002 12:00AM