NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH-SPEED RAIL PASSENGER IMPROVEMENT PROJECT, TASK 14 MODEL INTERMODAL TERMINAL, UNION STATION, PHASE II: ALTERNATIVE CONCEPTS REPORT
The study constitutes the second phase of Task 14 of the Northeast Corridor High-Speed Rail Passenger Service Improvement Project and has been prepared for the Northeast Corridor Project Office of the Federal Railroad Administration. The purpose of Task 14 is to investigate the conceptual alternatives for an Intermodal Terminal at Union Station, Washington, D.C., and to prepare a detailed conceptual design for the preferred alternative. The report includes plans and sketches, analysis of traffic impact, and preliminary cost estimates for five final alternatives for the Intermodal Terminal at Union Station. The alternatives are evaluated and a preferred concept recommended which involves the shared use of Union Station by the terminal and the National Visitor Center, as proposed by Alternative B-1.
- See also PB-257053.
Skidmore, Owings and Merrill1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Office of High Speed Ground TransportationNortheast Corridor Transportation Project
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 167 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Commuter service; Cost estimating; Estimates; Freight terminals; Intercity travel; Intermodal terminals; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Public transit; Quality of service; Railroad stations; Railroad terminals; Specifications; Structural design; Surveying; Surveying; Traffic engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Washington (District of Columbia); Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger station design
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143233
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/NEPCO-76-05
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-66017
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM