NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH-SPEED RAIL PASSENGER IMPROVEMENT PROJECT, TASK 14 MODEL INTERMODAL TERMINAL, UNION STATION, PHASE I: TERMINAL REQUIREMENTS REPORT
The study constitutes the first phase of Task 14 of the Northeast Corridor High-Speed Rail Passenger Service Improvement Project and has been prepared for the Northeast Corridor Project Office of the Federal Railroad Administration. The purpose of Task 14 is to investigate the conceptual alternatives for an Intermodal Terminal at Union Station, Washington, D.C., and to prepare a detailed conceptual design for the preferred alternative. The report identifies characteristics and space requirements of an intermodal terminal at Union Station, sets forth parameters for evaluating alternative terminal plans, and reviews selected prior plans for transportation facilities at Union Station.
- See also PB-257584.
Skidmore, Owings and Merrill1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Office of High Speed Ground TransportationNortheast Corridor Transportation Project
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 306 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Commuter service; Design; Freight terminals; Intercity travel; Intermodal terminals; Layout; Passenger terminals; Passenger transportation; Planning; Public transit; Quality of service; Railroad stations; Railroad terminals; Specifications; Structural design; Surveying; Surveying
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Washington (District of Columbia); Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger station design; Projection
- Subject Areas: Design; Freight Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143231
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/NEPCO-76-04
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-66017
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 1977 12:00AM