FIXED ILLUMINATION FOR PEDESTRIAN PROTECTION: USERS MANUAL
This users' manual represents the practical recommendations and guidelines for implementation of special crosswalk illumination systems. It contains information describing the illumination systems, specifications, installation recommendations and design information. Warrants for crosswalk illumination are presented. Site selection procedures are recommended. Methods of evaluation of system effectiveness and a step-by-step procedure for development of an implementation program are reported.
- See also PB-256 299.
Franklin Institute20th and Benjamin Franklin Parkway
Philadelphia, PA United States 19103
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Freedman, M
- Janoff, M S
- Koth, B W
- McCunney, W
- Publication Date: 1975-12
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Crosswalks; Design; Guidelines; Highway safety; Installation; Lighting; Lighting systems; Measures of effectiveness; Pedestrian safety; Pedestrians; Protection; Railroad grade crossings; Safety; Sodium vapor lamps; Specifications; Street lighting; Surveying; Surveying; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Effectiveness; Site investigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Illuminating; Pedestrian protection; Protective lighting; Sodium lamps
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00143218
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-76- 9
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8034
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM