SCAG - 76 GROWTH FORECAST POLICY
SCAG-76 forecasts population housing, employment, and land use for 1980, 1990, 1995, and 2000 for the region, 6 counties, (Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Imperial) and 55 regional statistical areas. SCAG-76, by expressing regional and local growth policies through the use of explicit numbers, makes possible the setting of goals for the short-medium, and long-range future and allows comparison of alternative futures based on different assumptions, trends, and policies. The forecast and growth policy are implemented through SCAG's comprehensive and functional planning, A-95 reviews, reviews of environmental reports and statements, and coordination with city, county and state governments.
- Sponsored in part by Urban Mass Transportation Administration, Washington, D.C.
Southern California Association of Governments1111 West Sixth Street
Los Angeles, CA USA 90017
Department of Housing and Urban Development451 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20410
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Counties; Dwellings; Employment; Forecasting; Land use; Management; Methodology; Planning; Policy; Population; Regional planning; Statistical inference; Strategic planning; Trend (Statistics)
- Geographic Terms: California
- Old TRIS Terms: Management planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00143213
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: HUD-CPA-CA-1068
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 26 2002 12:00AM