TEXAS TRANSIT OPERATIONS (1974) (STATISTICS AND ANALYSIS)
Charged with the responsibility to develop and plan for urban transit in Texas, the Texas Mass Transportation Commission (TMTC) began gathering operational information early in 1974. Tables present data on the number of transit passengers in 1975, statewide operating statistics, finances, calculated indicators for transit, financial assistance to Texas from UMTA, estimated effect of employee strikes on transit, statewide transit ridership for 1973 and 1974, estimated growth of statewide transit ridership, calculated transit indicators for urbanized areas in Texas, and transit passengers and vehicle miles per capita in Texas urbanized areas (1974). The distribution of statewide transit characteristics, 1974 transit patronage by quarter and city category, and the effect of 1974 strikes on statewide transit ridership trends are represented on graphs. General conclusions are given.
Texas Mass Transportation Commission,
Austin; Urban Mass Transportation Administration,
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Economic analysis; Financing; Public transit; Statistics; Strikes; Travel demand; Urban transportation; Urbanization
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00143207
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-TX-09-8001-75-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 26 1981 12:00AM