This report presents the results of a four-year project to provide bridge designers with a unified structural analysis tool for plane rectangular frames made up of prismatic and/or non-prismatic members. The program developed will calculate and report section, member and frame properties, fixed end moments, distributed moment and shear ordinates, and deflections for each member. Sidesway can be considered in single story frames. The program accepts prestressed cable information and produces cable path ordinates, cable path eccentricities, force coefficients, moment coefficients, shortening fixed end moments, prestress force, concrete strength, prestress moments and stresses, combined moments and stresses, and prestress deflections. Moment and shear plots may be obtained as optional output. Provision for describing railroad loadings or special overload truck loadings for live load analysis is also available with this program. A separate program provides input data retention and editing capabilities for this system.
Sacramento, CA United States 95814
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Steele, R J
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 160 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridge design; Bridges; Computer programming; Computer programs; Concrete bridges; Deflection; Dynamic loads; Framed structures; Frames; Highway bridges; Live loads; Moments (Mechanics); Needs assessment; Prestressed concrete; Prestressed concrete bridges; Reinforced concrete bridges; Reinforcing steel; Shear strength; Stresses; Structural analysis; Structural design; Trucks
- Uncontrolled Terms: Moment distribution; User needs
- Geographic Terms: California
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Motor Carriers;
- Accession Number: 00143205
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CA-DOT-DS-41511752 Final Rpt., FHWA/RD-76-S0508
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM