HANDLING TEST PROCEDURES FOR PASSENGER CARS PULLING TRAILERS. VOLUME III - APPENDICES
The document comprises Volume III of a three-volume technical report which summarizes the development of safe-handling test procedures for articulated vehicles. The main technical discussion and summary of results are presented in Volume II. These appendices, which elaborate and support the findings presented in Volume II, include the development of analytical and simulation models, listings of simulation input data for representative test vehicles, and time histories of the actual vehicle responses for simulation validation. Additional plots of data derived from the finalized step steer tests are also presented.
- See also Volume 2, PB-256 072.
Systems Technology, Incorporated13766 South Hawthorne Boulevard
Hawthorne, CA United States 90250
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Ashkenas, I L
- Hofmann, L G
- Klein, R H
- Zellner, J W
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 134 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Braking; Dynamic loads; Highway safety; Maneuverability; Mathematical models; Passenger vehicles; Performance tests; Safety; Simulation; Stability (Mechanics); Steering; Traffic safety; Trailers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Articulated vehicles; Dynamic response
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143198
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: STI-TR-1052-1-Vol-3 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-937
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00900
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Oct 26 1976 12:00AM