LIGHTWEIGHT ANCHORS FOR SMALL BUOYS -- A STATE-OF-THE-ART SURVEY AND FEASIBILITY STUDY
This report examines the replacement of concrete sinkers with other anchor types to reduce the cost of operating the system of small navigational buoys. Sets of requirements are defined that identify the anchors suitable for use in several operating situations. A ranking system is described that gives each anchor a series of scores relating to its desirability in the various situations. The highest scoring anchors are discussed in terms of their potential for improving the buoy mooring operation.
Coast GuardOffice of Research and Development
Washington, DC United States
- Motherway, D L
- Goddard, James B.
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Anchors (Mooring devices); Buoys; Deployment; Installation; Moorings; Navigational aids; Performance; Safety; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Embedding; Performance engineering
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00143185
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CGR/DC-16/75, USCG-D-125-75
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 2002 12:00AM