COMMANDANT'S INTERNATIONAL TECHNICAL SERIES. VOLUME VI. INTERNATIONAL CHAMBER OF SHIPPING'S FINAL REPORT ON EXPLOSIONS IN COMBINATION CARRIERS (OBO'S)
The document attached concerns an investigation by the ICS into a number of explosions that occurred between 1967 and 1972 on combination carriers. These vessels are more commonly known as OBO's (oil, bulk, ore). The final report comprises an up-to-date summary of current international research efforts relating to OBO explosions and the conclusions arising therefrom. The report supersedes the Interim Report on Explosions in Combination Carriers (OBO's) dated January 1974.
- See also Volume 2 dated 1 Jul 71, PB-199 979.
United States Coast Guard2100 Second Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20593
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk cargo; Compression ignition engines; Crude oil; Explosions; Fires; Pressure; Ships; Sloshing; Spark ignition engines; Tankers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship fires
- Old TRIS Terms: Compression ignition
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143180
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USCG-CITS-76-1-1
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Oct 26 2002 12:00AM