TRUCK NOISE VIII: THE DETERMINATION OF THE PRACTICAL NOISE CONTROL RETROFITTING OF PRE-1970 TRUCK AND COACH MODELS
A retrofit noise package was selected for four representative GMC vehicles; i.e., two Heavy Duty Conventionals, one cab-over engine Heavy Duty Astro, and one 53 passenger transit coach, to achieve optimum noise reduction. The selection of this material came from commercially available items submitted by various component suppliers. A new system of noise-source isolation was developed in order to evaluate the vendor-supplied material. The best one of these components was then selected for the final Retrofit Noise Package.
- See also PB-24114.
General Motors CorporationWarren, MI United States 48090
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA United States 02142
- Bullard, O J
- Shaffer, G M
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Pagination: 120 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Emission control systems; Encapsulation; Engines; Exhaust gases; Exhaust pipes; Fans; Heavy vehicles; Inspection; Measures of effectiveness; Measuring instruments; Methodology; Mufflers; Noise; Noise control; Retrofitting; Standards; Tests; Tires; Traffic noise; Trucks; Vehicle drive systems; Velocity; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Effectiveness; Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Encapsulating; Engine inlets; Engine noise; Truck noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00143052
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT-TSC-OST-75-51 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-699
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 6 1976 12:00AM